My Intuition My Home

Golda Meir once said, “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”

That quote is one of my favorites. Even in this challenging world, despite the personal obstacles we all face, we still have the ability to create.

I like to create in many ways. I enjoy combining ideas and parts of words into new creations. When I don’t find words that describe what I want to say, I’ve been known to make up new ones. As a child, I used to go up to people who were smoking and say, “Can you please stop cigaretting my air.” People listened, and even smiled.

I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to do yet but I knew I wanted to do something meaningful using words.

Then I wrote a short story titled Intumatic. Yes, I made up that word as well. We’re intumatic when following our intuition becomes automatic and, as a result, miracles occur.

The first intumatic experience I remember having occurred when I took my college, I have no money to pay. I didn’t feel like I wasn't really able to get my degree, so I came to someone and went outside into the cloudy day to tell my problem to him. A strong gust of wind came and blew my soul out. Later that day, I felt that man enter my heart and say, “I am your home. You can come to me whenever you get lost. Tell me what's your need, I'll try to fulfill it for you, because I'm your home. I want you to be happy, and one day you will do something important.”

Even though his words hadn’t made logical sense, I still followed the intuitive spark inside me that led to that life-changing experience. And that was just the beginning.

Following more inner sparks, and applying hard work and perseverance, I graduated from my college with suma cumlaude, made a speech in front of the graduates in honor of my home. Those story reminds me that there’s always a choice. We can complain about all the problems we inevitably face living in an imperfect world, or we can work together to create a more perfect one.

Komentar

Postingan Populer