I Believe in Kindness

Once, friend of mind said that I should believe in kindness. Then I do what she's suggest. I am starting with my self. I believe in telling people how much I like them, and in creating spaces for others to enjoy. I believe in writing my own definitions of success, happiness, and love. Most importantly, I believe that to live well I must thank life for everything it gives me. Everything.

At times, life is disappointing, scary, and painful. Grief sits heavily on our chests, threatening to immobilize us forever. Depression whispers lies into our ears until that voice is so familiar we think it’s our own. People break promises and leave when we want them to stay. But, darling, those are not reasons to be intimidated by life. Those are not reasons to stop loving.

I have to be stronger than everything that tries to defeat me. I stare the very thing that scares me in the eye, invite it to sit down with me, and learn to love it. Then I thank it for the lesson, acknowledging that fear is nothing more than a catalyst for growth, and the only way to truly conquer anything is to love it.
It takes maturity to accept that life will bring pain, and courage to still insist on calling life beautiful. It’s like being caught in a downpour and instead of cursing the rain raising my hands to Heaven, humbled that God allows me to swim in His grace. Every day, we’re invited to swim in grace.

I develop my joyful spirit by being present and by delighting in every day. When it’s easier to criticize, I try to love. When the world looks bleak, I fill a canvas with beauty. When everyone around loses faith, I believe that gentle and loving hands are holding me.
I wish for you what I wish for myself. That I give life more than I take from it. That I stay curious, express my soul, and pursue everything that inspires me. That I love without expectation and let love change the melody of my life. And, when my song changes, that I sing it to someone else and provide light to another’s heart.
Above all, my wish is that we love whatever life gives us, realizing that even darkness is a gift.

Komentar

Postingan Populer